Original illustration by Mr. Thoms
There is no peace even for a moment.
And there is no solution.
The father of one of the four Palestinian boys from Baker family who were killed in Israeli shelling reacts during the boys’ funeral in Gaza City on July 16, 2014. The boys, all cousins and all under the age of 12, had been playing football on the beach when the attack occurred. (Hosam Salem/Corbis)
I don’t even have the heart to reblog this because this is so painful and overwhelming. I also don’t want to play with these pictures by putting them on display for the heck of re-blogging.
I am putting this here, as a reminder that these are very testing times for the people in Gaza, Hamas and they are living them. They are living a war. For the deceased and bereaved, you are in our thoughts and duas.
“But the heart cannot let go of its loneliness.”- Faiz Ahmed Faiz, translated by Zarina Hashmi for Paper Like Skin (2013)
Anonymous said: Professor Sprout, Arthur Weasley :)
Arthur Weasley: What do you think is the best “muggle” invention?
Radio. I still keep an analog radio and tune into MW frequency for Radio Pakistan knowing that the voice I am listening to is being listened into by a million other Pakistanis. There’s always someone talking in my room and I love that. of all the things that I own, this one gives me a level of comfort that nothing else can come close to.
Professor Sprout: What is your favorite class that is offered at Hogwarts?
Defense Against The Dark Arts.
Courage, dear heartC. S. Lewis
Was afraid to start 20 rakah taraweeh - been saying 8 for the past week - but the real hard part is getting up from your comfort zone and making your way to the masjid than deciding how many rakah for the night; then it’s less harder and you feel the pull.
For me, it’s always like a summoning. A sense of belonging. The entire day I look forward to the taraweeh. Bless the people who inspire me to get up when I am trying to justify that I am too tired or too worked up to head out to the masjid. Bless those who come to the masjid in rain or not and who stay till the very end despite the summer’s heat soaking our clothes to us.
This post is a dedication to all those people with their halo of inspiring determination; shukran.
I got this.Zuhair. No context necessary. This is said about 50 times a day for various reasons. Rest assured, no matter the situation, Zuhair has got this. (via morningantics)
My desi father's reaction(s) while playing Resident Evil:
- Dad: Did you know that in 1943 - ASTAGHFIRULLAH! WHAT IS THAT TH - HOW DO I KILL IT?
- Dad: IT IS SUCKING MY NECK!
- Dad: The girl is not ready to play.
- Dad: Zombies are simply created by game companies to make you western children think the world is coming to an end.
- Dad: HOW MUST ONE SHOOT THIS?
- Dad: X? How many times? Tell me! I push XXXXXX but it does not die!
- Dad: I am too old and uneducated for video games.
- Dad: I killed many zombies.
- - Mehreen, your dad's awesome (TLW)
Greatest set of questions ever!
- Harry Potter: Tell us about a scar on your body
- Hermione Granger: What is your favorite book, how many times have you read it, and why do you love it?
- Ron Weasley: Something you're afraid of?
- Luna Lovegood: One thing that makes you different from everyone else.
- Fred Weasley: Can you do any magic tricks? What is the best one you can do? If you can't do any, what's the best one you've seen?
- George Weasley: What is the best prank you've ever played on someone?
- Neville Longbottom: Tell us an embarrassing story.
- Narcissa Malfoy: Do you have a good relationship with your family? Who are you closest to?
- Voldemort: If you were to create a Horcrux(s), what would it be and why?
- Bellatrix Lestrange: Have you ever loved someone who could never love you back?
- Ginny Weasley: Have you ever been in love with an unexpected person?
- Hedwig: If you went to Hogwarts, what kind of pet would you bring? (ex: cat, owl, rat, frog)
- Draco Malfoy: Is it better to be feared or to be loved?
- Rubeus Hagrid: What is your favorite mystical creature?
- Dolores Umbridge: Make a list of rules that your family (or whoever you choose) would have to follow if you made the rules.
- Lucius Malfoy: What is your most prized possession?
- Molly Weasley: What is the proudest moment of your life?
- Dobby: Who are you most loyal to?
- Sirius Black: Have you ever been accused of doing something you didn't do?
- Argus Filch: What's the worst job you've ever had?
- Dudley Dursley: How many presents do you usually receive on your birthday?
- Peter Pettigrew: Are you a leader or a follower?
- Cedric Diggory: Have you ever had a near death experience?
- Albus Dumbledore: What is the greatest obstacle you have ever overcome in your life?
- Minerva McGonagall: What is your favorite spell?
- Severus Snape: Are you a trustworthy person?
- Remus Lupin: If you transform into any one animal or creature, which one would it be?
- Uncle Vernon: What is your favorite day of the week?
- Mad Eye Moody: Who is the bravest person you know?
- Arthur Weasley: What do you think is the best "muggle" invention?
- Professor Sprout: What is your favourite class that is offered at Hogwarts?
- Nymphadora Tonks: If you could change one thing about your appearance what would it be?
- Moaning Myrtle: What is something that always makes you cry?
- James Potter: Would you risk your life to save someone you truly love?
- Lily Potter: What color eyes do you have?
- Professor Trelawney: Have you ever dreamt something was going to happen and then it happened?
- Mr. Ollivander: What would your wand look like?
- Lavender Brown: Who is the last person who texted and have you ever had a crush on them?
- Cho Chang: If you were on the Quidditch team, what position would you play?
- Aunt Petunia: What is your favorite flower?
Historias breves, pero intensas.
Who the hell said you no longer had it in you?Charles Bukowski (via shaefierce)
If other planets switched places with the Moon, this is what you would see:
This is the Moon.
But imagine for a second that the Moon switched places with other planets. This is what you would see (subject to staying alive, of course):
First time experiencing the rain.
This overwhelms me. In my blue days, in my dark times, one smile is all it takes, one honest, love soaked smile. A sheepish grin or a child’s laughter. I thank God for these littlest of things that makes the greatest of difference.